I need to make something
>> Thursday, February 21, 2008
I have a free-ish weekend coming up, so I may spend part of it in the shop. Now that the new bent-shaft is finished, I feel like I'm at loose ends--not because I have nothing to do (that certainly isn't the case). I just feel like I need to get out to the shop and clear my head.
I have a straight-shaft WRC paddle that is partly carved, so I should go ahead and finish that this weekend. I'm also thinking about making a simple footrest for the new chair we bought last week. Right now I'm using the volume 2 of the Compact Oxford English Dictionary for a place for my feet, which is ironically appropriate for an academic, but probably not good for the long-term health of the tome.
The footrest I'm thinking about building is one designed by Mario Rodriguez and written up in FW. I might go down to Acacia and pick out some scrap there, or laminate some scraps around the shop to make a board wide enough.



0 comments:
Post a Comment